QuickBooks Error 6069 gets triggered due to issues with the firewall or anti-virus program, or bad hard drive sectors. You need to add exceptions or add QuickBooks as a trusted program in the anti-virus and the firewall to resolve the error. The error can get triggered due to different reasons, which is why you need to implement the solution accordingly. If you are stuck with QuickBooks Error 6069 and don’t know how to fix the error, this article is for you. The causes and the solutions of QuickBooks company file error are given below in this article. Read the article to know more about the error.
If you need any help with the error’s troubleshooting, dial 844-932-1139 and get technical assistance from a QuickBooks Professional.
Related Article : QuickBooks Connection has been lost
How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Multi-user Error 6069?
Sol 1): Add QuickBooks as an Exception in AVG Anti-virus
The error may get triggered due to the anti-virus blocking the QuickBooks program on your computer. You need to add QuickBooks as an exception in AVG anti-virus to resolve the error. The steps to add QuickBooks as an exception in anti-virus are listed below:
- Open AVG Anti-virus.
- Next, select the computer icon and then click Settings.
- Click Add Exceptions under the exceptions section.
- Choose File as the Exception Type from the drop-down list.
- Select Browse and then search the QuickBooks program file from the QuickBooks installation folder.
- Finally, click OK consecutively and then select the Yes button to confirm the settings.
Sol 2): Allow QuickBooks through AVG Firewall
Generally, issues with the firewall can trigger the multi-user error 6069. You can unblock QuickBooks from the firewall to fix the error. Follow the steps provided below to unblock QuickBooks from Firewall:
- Open the Firewall section in AVG.
- Select settings and then click Applications.
- Search QuickBooks in the list of programs. Click browse if QuickBooks is not in the list, and then search the program file in the QuickBooks Installation directory.
- Check the application status. If the application status of QuickBooks is blocked, change it to Allow.
- Click Create and then select OK two times.
- Finally, click the Yes button to apply changes and then check if the error is resolved.
Sol 3): Perform Hard Disk Damaged Test Using CHKDSK Command
- Press the Windows Button or Click on the start button.
- Type CMD, Next, Press the right mouse click, to pops the option.
- Select for the Run as Administrator.
- Once the Command prompt window start, Type CHKDSK C.
- Wait till the process complete fully.
- If No errors reports of the Check Disk Diagnose, Then you should make sure, that issue is raised due to some other reason.
Need Extra Assistance to Fix Qbcfmonitorservice not running?
The information provided above in this article explains the causes and the solutions to QuickBooks Error 6069. The solutions included above are configuring the firewall and the anti-virus settings. If the error is not fixed yet, it might be possible that the bad sectors of the hard drive are causing the error to get triggered. Fix the bad sectors of your hard drive to resolve the error. If the error remains unresolved, dial 844-932-1139 and get help from a QuickBooks Expert.
Related Search queries
An unexpected error has occurred in QuickBooks, Error 6069 in QuickBooks, Error 6069 Running QuickBooks Desktop, QuickBooks 2018 Error 6069, QuickBooks Company File Error 6069, QuickBooks Desktop Error 6069, QuickBooks Enterprise Error 6069, QuickBooks Error 6069, QuickBooks Multi-User Error 6069, QuickBooks Pro Error 6069, QuickBooks Enterprise Error Code 6069, QuickBooks Company File Error Code 6069