QuickBooks is the platform for business to small-sized businesses to carry out automated solutions for their daily-to-daily workplace accounting tasks. With its ever-innovating interface, tools, and a dedicated 24*7 customer support, we can say that its users get a cost-for-value deal in most of the cases. However, there are some instances where issues like QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error present a state of confusion. So let’s clear it out by discussing it in detail.
On a different note, if you require any assistance to resolve the QuickBooks error 1618, contact to the best QB support by dialling the toll-free number 1-(855)-856-0042 anytime.
You may also Read: QuickBooks crashes unexpectedly
What is QuickBooks Desktop Error 1618?
The QuickBooks update error 1618 appears on the screen with a message reading there was a problem installing Microsoft Runtime Library and sometimes, or that ERROR_INSTALL_ALREADY_RUNNING error message when you run the Setup program to install QuickBooks programs. When the user tries to install or update the QB software or if there are more than one Windows installer program running on the system, the error code shows up. Some of its causes are mentioned below.
Reasons behind the error 1618 in QuickBooks
- QuickBooks is not installed completely or properly.
- The Windows registry file is corrupted.
- Some virus or malware has infected the QB related files or important Windows system files.
- Important QB program files are deleted mistakenly.
What are the troubleshooting steps to counter the QuickBooks error 1618?
Below are mentioned some solutions to fix the QuickBooks error code 1618.
- Download the QuickBooks tool hub from Intuit’s website and run the downloaded QuickBooksToolsHub.exe file.
- Agree to the terms and conditions to complete the installation process.
- From the desktop icon open the QuickBooks Tool Hub and choose Installation Issues.
- Click on QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool and let it work to diagnose the issue.
- Once the tool is done running, restart the system.
- Open the Run command and in the search field, type Regedit.
- Choose My Computer and open the File menu.
- Click on Export.
- In the Export Range, select All Options.
- Save Windows registry backup on desktop.
- Once the backup is created, remove the keys.
- Deleting the keys will cause all of its subkeys to be deleted.
At this point, we would like to end this blog on QuickBooks error 1618. We hope that you find the content useful and relevant to your query. However, if that’s not the case, call on the toll-free number 1-(855)-856-0042 and get immediate assistance.