Kids love to explore their surroundings and have fun, and during their toddler years said curiosity is at an all-time high. These are important developmental years for a child and playtime is a crucial activity that not only helps them satisfy their curiosity but also helps to improve their physical and mental growth.
Toddler towers and swing sets are such a way that engages and satiate your toddler’s curiosity while also providing them with entertainment and fun. However, finding the perfect toddler tower set for your precious one can be a pretty tedious and mind-boggling task with various factors at hand like safety, durability, set-up, and equipment lifespan. Don’t worry, we have compiled all the things you might need to know about toddler towers that may help you come to a decision.
Appropriate Age for Toddler Towers
Outdoor toddler towers are usually intended for kids of 6months to 12 years of age. It is recommended that when your baby is able to sit up and support themselves safely, they are able to safely play on a toddler tower or swing set.
However, when it comes to different types of towers that also include slides, 18 months is deemed the earliest for a toddler to play on it as sliding required good balance and motor skills.
Toddler Towers and Safety
Your little bundle of joy means everything to you and it goes without saying that you want to make sure that they are at their safest and happiest while playing.
You can make sure your toddler swing set is safest by making sure of these things-
- The toddler swing sets or towers are made of durable yet soft materials like rubber or plastic or galvanized steel.
- Making sure the swing set is firmly reinforced on the ground and so it does not lead to a tipping-over situation.
- Not using the equipment when it is wet as moisture can lead to slippery surfaces.
- Make sure the bolts and nuts are rust-resistant and the protective caps and plugs that cover them are in place and tight.
- Looking out for wear and tear and making sure none of the surfaces are broken or bent in order to avoid injuries.
Benefits of playing on a Toddler Tower
Baby swings and towers do provide entertainment along with a great many benefits for your child. Now, even backed by studies, it has been said time and again how essential physical playtime has actually become. Here is a list of some of these benefits –
- Swings help strengthen the muscles and bones.
- They provide visual and sensory stimulation.
- The back and forth motion of a swing may have a calm and soothing effect on a toddler as it mimics the rhythmic rocking motion that they are used to.
- It helps in improving body balance and motion.
- It also helps in developing motor skills like sitting straight and moving the legs rhythmically.
- Toddlers are able to engage in light exercise in the form of exploring the swing sets and towers.
And lastly but the most important benefit of them all, it provides your toddler with fun and engaging playtime.
Lifespan and Durability of equipment
There will ultimately come a time when your little one is going to outgrow their current swing set as they are catered more towards toddlers of a particular age group and weight, but that does not mean that you will not be needing it again in the future. These days long-lasting materials like rubber, plastic, or vinyl is used to make swing sets and towers. These materials alone make them highly durable.
At Premier Play Solutions, we provide a range of said toddler towers that are both the safest and the best that you can find, suitable for all ages. We at Premier Play Solutions know the importance of providing your child with the much-needed opportunities necessary for the development of their physical and mental growth. And so, as a playground equipment supplier we offer a wide variety of equipment suitable for them, ranging from climbing towers to slides, from swings to walls, we have them all.