Everyone often mentions how beneficial free guest posting is for developing your blog. Nevertheless, when you’re just beginning to start, it can be difficult to know what you need to do to get your first guest post published. That’s where our guest blogging guide comes in. Free Guest posting on other websites is an excellent strategy to increase your reach and visibility. It’s also not difficult because many blogs and similar sites accept contributions. Once you’ve figured out the right approach, you’ll be able to successfully place guest posts regularly.
Why is Free Guest Posting a Good Marketing Strategy?
In this Free Guest Posting guide, we’ll go through why you should invest time in this marketing technique. Then we’ll show you how to publish your very first guest article. Let’s get started! If you have a WordPress blog, you presumably spend a lot of time and effort writing high-quality material for your site. At the same time, it’s a good idea to create content that will be published elsewhere.
Guest Posting has Several Major Advantages, Including:
- Increasing your (or your brand’s) visibility and reach by exposing your content to new audiences.
- Developing connections with other blogs and websites in your niche.
- Your byline should direct them back to your website or another important area.
There’s a lot to gain from posting a few items on carefully selected external sites, and only a little time to lose. With this in mind, continue reading for a comprehensive Free Guest posting tutorial!
How to Make Your First Guest Post Public:
It does take some time and effort to correctly place a guest article. Popular blogs frequently receive a large number of questions and submissions. The following Free Guest Posting guide will coach you through the most critical actions to take if you want to increase your chances of success.
Have a Goal for Your Guest Post:
As previously said, there are numerous potential benefits to guest posting. To make the most of this chance, you should set a clear aim for each post. You’ll then use that aim to influence your decisions about what to write, which blogs to contact, and so on.
Some Possible Objectives for Your Guest Post Include:
- Improving your authority and visibility in your niche.
- Increasing traffic to your website.
- Informing people about a new product, service, or other significant development.
It’s worth emphasizing that the last goal should be approached with caution. Most blogs that accept guest posts are wary of overly promotional content. A guest article can help you increase conversions and sales. You’re better off working in a natural mention of your product or service than building an entire post around a review or instructional.
Choose Your Target Blog:
Once you’ve decided what you want to achieve, the following stage in our Free Guest posting tutorial is to locate a site to target. This entails deciding on a certain blog where you’d like to be published.
It’s ideal to begin by compiling a list of prospective target blogs, which you can then narrow down later. To create this list, visit your favorite blogs as well as those popular with your target demographic. Google can also help you find good guest writing possibilities. This search operator is a nice place to start (only remember to include your keyword):
“keyword + guest post written by”
Once you’ve identified some prospects, seek sites that welcome guest posts. Most of the time, this means they have a dedicated ‘Write for us’ page (here’s ours). Several sites also mention whether they welcome guest posts or not on their Contact or About pages, making it easy to cross them off your list.
If it’s unclear whether a site accepts guest contributions, look through their prior pieces to see if they’ve been authored by a range of authors. If this is the case, they are more likely to be receptive to the possibility. But, before starting, you should contact the site and inquire whether they are interested in submissions, so you don’t spend your time writing content for a blog that isn’t interested.
After you have a good selection of candidates, pick the one you’d like to be published. This should be the best blog to assist you in reaching your objective. You can save the rest of the options for the next guest post.
Create a Proposal:
Many folks are inclined to jump right in and start writing their guest post at this stage. Nevertheless, before you do so, make certain that your target blog is truly interested in the topic. You can accomplish this by submitting a guest post proposal. This is usually a quick email in which you tell the blog what you want to write about. Consider the following factors when you write your proposal:
- Make it brief As most blog editors are short on time. Add the title of the suggested piece, as well as a paragraph or two explaining what it will be about, or a very brief synopsis. Here’s how to craft an effective pitch.
- Examine the blog’s guest posting guidelines (if possible). Many blogs offer a page that outlines the rules and standards for guest posters, such as what topics are permitted and what information must be included in your application.
- If you have any specific needs, make them clear upfront. For example, you could want to include a specific link back to your website, or you might want a byline with a brief author bio. Make sure to include these components in your proposal, but don’t ask for too much!
If the blog you’re interested in has a submissions page, you’ll usually find an email address or contact form where you can send your suggestion. Instead, you can use the site’s general contact page to get in touch.
Compose Your Guest Post and Submit It:
It’s time to get to work once your target blog has expressed interest in your idea. We won’t teach you how to write the piece; chances are, you already know how to create outstanding content. Nonetheless, here are some things to remember along the process:
- Keep the criteria of the target blog in mind, and be sure to cover all bases. This can involve things like formatting your post in a specified way, incorporating photographs of specific types or sizes, and so on.
- Consider how long your post will be. If the target blog did not mention a word count, aim for a piece that is substantial but not excessively long. A guest article of 1,000 to 2,000 words is usually ideal. Check out our ideas on how long an article should be to help you decide.
- Write to the main readership of the target blog. This may change slightly from your audience, so do some research to find out what they know and what they’re interested in.
- Avoid using too much promotional oracles’ language. This was noted previously, but it needs repeating. Mentioning your website and services is frequently acceptable, but have a neutral tone and focus on delivering solid advice or information rather than making a sale.
Whenever you’re satisfied with the post, submit it to the target blog using the specified method. You may have to wait a bit for a response, but don’t be afraid to check in regularly to see whether it’s been evaluated and when it will be published.
Publicize The Published Post:
If all goes well, your submitted post will be edited and published on the target blog. Yet, your work isn’t done. To get the most out of your guest post, make sure as many people as possible view it. As a result, the final step in our guest blogging tutorial is to promote the content once it has been published.
You can accomplish this by:
- Making a brief post on your blog informing readers of the fresh content and providing a link.
- Share the post on all of your social media accounts.
- I’m sending an email to my email subscription list.
In addition, keep an eye on the post while it’s still fresh and answer as many reader comments as possible. Connecting with the target blog’s readership is a smart method to keep your guest post alive for as long as possible.
Get Out There And Use This Guest Blogging Guide.
It is easy to become overly focused on your blog and content. Nevertheless, if you truly want to expand your audience and reputation, you’ll need to be visible in additional locations on the internet. Writing high-quality guest posts and having them published on major websites is the ideal method. You’ve learned how to do the following in this guest blogging guide:
- Set a goal for your guest post.
- Select your desired blog.
- Create a proposal.
- Create and submit a guest post.
- Promote the just published post.
As your guest blogging efforts get traction, you might consider accepting guest articles on your site.
Also Read: Info Blog News