QuickBooks is an advanced accounting application that helps users manage business finances, payrolls, payments for retail businesses using point-of-sales, invoice generation for customers, & so on thanks to its user-friendly interface. A large number of various small and medium-scale enterprises have been executing the applications. Though, a user has to witness certain software bugs in QuickBooks which prevents them from performing tasks assigned to them. “QuickBooks Error 12007” error occurs while the user attempts to download updates for QuickBooks or the payroll feature of QuickBooks. There could be several other reasons and there are quick fixes that could help fix the error on the spot which are provided in the upcoming topics of the blog.
On the other hand, the “QuickBooks Error 12007” error code can be easily fixed if prompt action is taken by executing the solutions step-by-step as given in the blog. However, if you have any relevant queries, call the helpdesk number 1-(855)-856-0042 to seek technical advice.
You may also Read: QuickBooks Connection has been lost
Causes behind the “QuickBooks Error 12007”
- An inaccurately configured browser setting that hinders QuickBooks payroll update downloading.
- A firewall or an antivirus attempting to bar the downloading process of QuickBooks.
- Internet Explorer is not set as the default web browser.
Preventive measures to obviate the “QuickBooks Error 1207”
Below mentioned are the best remedies to vanish the error code aforementioned-
Solution-1: Downloading TLS 1.2
- Quit ‘QuickBooks’. On the desktop, open ‘Internet Explorer’ by right-click and ‘Open’.
- In the URL search bar, type ‘http://qbpos.intuit.com’. Hit the ‘Enter’ key.
- Locate ‘TLS 1.2 Security Patch’ and download the file. Go to the download location and right-click on ‘TLSSecurityPatch.exe’ to install the utility.
Solution-2: Set Internet Explorer as the default web browser
- Quit ‘QuickBooks’ to return to the desktop.
- On the command bar above, select ‘Tools’ which is a small gear-type icon.
- Click ‘Internet Options’ at the bottom of the drop-down menu. A window titled ‘Internet Properties’ appears on the screen.
- Go to ‘Programs’. Hit the ‘Make default’ button below the heading ‘Default Web Browser’. Choose ‘OK’ to confirm changes.
Solution-3: Configuration of accurate internet settings
- Quit ‘QuickBooks’.
- Right-click on the ‘Internet Explorer’ to open.
- On the command bar, locate and click on ‘Tools’.
- From the drop-down menu, choose ‘Internet Options.’
- Go to ‘Advanced’ beside the Programs tab.
- From the given list below, detect and see the ‘SSL 2.0’ and ‘SSL 3.0’ are tick-marked.
- To confirm the changes made, choose ‘Apply’ and then ‘OK’ to save the new configuration.
- Quit ‘Internet Explorer’. Reboot PC. Re-attempt to download QuickBooks or payroll.
If none of the above remedies works for you, download and installs a fresh copy of the QuickBooks program in the Selective Startup mode if in case any installation file is missing or doesn’t work properly.
We conclude our blog on the topic “QuickBooks Error 12007”. It is hoped that we were able to resolve all the queries of our users through the matter in which the main causes and possible preventive measures are all mentioned which saves our users time and effort to surf the web. Notwithstanding, if you still have trouble countering the error, call the helpdesk 1-(855)-856-0042 for better service.