QuickBooks Error PS038 is triggered when paychecks get stuck as “online to send.” The error can get triggered for many reasons. You need to figure out what caused the error on your computer and then find out the relevant solution accordingly. If you are stuck with QuickBooks Error code PS038 and looking for an easy troubleshooting guide, this article is for you. Read the complete article to understand the causes and the solutions to the error.
If you are stuck with the error and cannot troubleshoot by yourself and need technical assistance to fix the error, dial (844)-932-1139 and get help from a QuickBooks Professional.
What Triggers QuickBooks Error Code PS038?
- You are using outdated versions of QuickBooks.
- Your payroll tax table is outdated.
- Your paychecks are stuck as online to send.
You need to determine what caused the error on your computer and then apply the relevant solution accordingly. Use the hit and trial method to implement the solutions if you do not know the cause of the error.
Solutions to Quickly Fix QuickBooks Error Code PS038
Look for the Paychecks that are stuck as Online to send
The error may have gotten triggered due to paychecks stuck as online to send. You simply need to check the paychecks and note them down for future reference. Follow the steps given below to look for the stuck paychecks:
- First, open QuickBooks payroll and select the Edit menu.
- Next, click the Find option.
- Then, open the Advanced tab and then search the Choose Filter section.
- Choose Detail Level from the filter list and then click Summary Only.
- From the filter list, select Online Status.
- After that, you need to choose Online to send from the drop-down.
- Finally, click the Find button, and the paychecks that were not sent to Intuit will be displayed.
- Running the Verify Data utility will show the stuck paychecks. Take a note of the paychecks that got stuck.
Use the Verify Data and Rebuild Data Utility
Running the verify data utility will help display the stuck paychecks and rebuild utility data will fix the error. The steps to run the verify data and rebuild data utility are given below:
- First, create a backup of the company file for the security of your data.
- Next, open QuickBooks and select the File menu.
- Then, Choose the Utilities option.
- After that, click Verify Data and wait for the verification to complete.
- If you see the stuck paychecks on the screen, you need to use the rebuild data utility.
- Open the file menu and select Utilities again.
- Click the Rebuild Data utility and then wait for the system to fix the paychecks that are stuck.
- Finally, open QuickBooks payroll and see if the error is fixed.
This article explains the causes and the solutions to QuickBooks Error PS038. The most prominent solutions for the error are looking for paychecks stuck as online to send and running verify data and rebuild data utility. If the error is still not fixed, make sure your QuickBooks and payroll tax table are updated to the latest released version. Dial (844)-932-1139 in case you want to ask any questions about the article or the error.