How to Cancel a Spirit Airlines Flight: Aviationrepublic: Spirit charges have a tiered system for flight change and cancellation fees. Changes made 60+ days from departure are free. Then, flights changed or canceled 15 to 59 days from departure are $39, 7 to 14 days are $59 and 0 to 6 days are $79. Spirit elite members are also eligible for free same-day standby to an earlier flight.
Spirit Airlines Cancellation Policy Overview
- Spirit Airlines offers a full refund on its flight being canceled within 24 hours or 7 days before the scheduled departure without charging its cancellation fee.
- However, if you are thinking Will Spirit Airlines refund tickets after the 24 hours’ grace period, then your flight ticket should be refundable, and the airline will offer a full refund (excluding the cancellation charges + taxes).
- The refund will be processed within 20 business days after the refund request is made. However, the days might vary depending upon the mode of payment used for making a ticket purchase.
- Furthermore, if your flight ticket is canceled on the airline’s part due to any technical and weather issues, then Spirit Airlines will offer you a full refund.
What is Spirit Airlines Cancellation Policy?
If you have changed your plan or due to some issues, you cannot on your next booked trip and looking for cancellation so don’t worry, here you will get each and every step for your cancellation ticket along with the policy of Spirit airlines.
- If you want to cancel your booked ticket so you have to cancel the ticket within 7 days from the period of your original booking then you will get a full refund.
- This cancellation will apply only for Spirit flight credit, and it is valid for a spirit airline flight for 12 months or 1 year.
- According to the Spirit Airlines Cancellation Rate, Refund will be eligible only for refundable flight booked tickets. Otherwise, you have to pay various cancellation charges according to the flight class or cabin and distance.
- You have to get the refundable amount through the same transaction mode, which you have booked the Spirit Airlines flights.
- If you have already made some changes to your booked ticket, in this case, the spirit airlines cancellation rate will be charged and you will get not any kind of refund.
- The airlines don’t allow the passengers to cancel tickets on the same day of departure.
- If you want to claim a refund for your tickets, you have to cancel the ticket at least 24 before the departure of the flight.
- The airline may waive your cancellation fee if you’ve any health issues, emergencies, etc.
- If you want to cancel the tickets offline, visit the cancellation counter at the nearest airport to proceed with the process further
- You can also change/cancel your flight reservations via online platforms. This will save both your time and travel expenditures!
How much is Spirit Cancellation Fee
Spirit Airlines Cancellation Fees are the same price as their change fees. However, Spirit doesn’t sell any refundable tickets making all tickets non-refundable outside of their 24-hour cancellation policy. After the 24 hours risk-free cancellation period. A passenger may have to pay the cancellation charges. Irrespective of the tickets booked with either cash or points.
Spirit Airlines Cancellation Policy for Standard Tickets: –
- USD $90 If A Passenger Cancels It Online Through Spirit.com Website or App.
- USD $100. If You Want to Cancel It Over the Call with Spirit Airlines Customer Service Agent.
Spirit Airlines Cancellation Policy for Award Tickets: –
- USD $110 Per Passenger on A PNR. The Cancellation Fee Will Remain the Same. Irrespective Of the Mode of Request. That Is Online or Offline (By Calling Spirit Airlines Customer Service).
- Note: – Refund to the original form of the payment is only possible if a passenger requests a refund within 24 hours of making reservations. Failed to do the same may result in the issuance of the future credit only.
- As per the airline policy, the airline charges a Spirit cancellation fee of $90. However, the fee changes as per the mode of cancellation that includes:
For the tickets canceled at the airport or by phone, the cancellation fee can climb up to $100. Besides, there can be changes in the fee depending on the travel route.
- Thus, this is the complete info on the Spirit cancellation fee that one requires to know before canceling their reservations. In case, if the passenger has any queries, they can feel free to contact the airline representative using the contact options offered.
- If you purchased Flight Flex or the Bundle It Combo, then you can change your flight once free of charge — subject to fare differences — up to 24 hours before departure. There’s no fee to cancel a flight within 24 hours of ticketing as long as you made the reservation at least seven days before departure.
What If Spirit Airlines Cancelled My Flight?
As per Spirit Airlines Cancellation Policy, If Spirit Airlines canceled your flight. Then the airlines will send you the full refund of your ticket. But the refund may be in form of future credit. That a passenger can use toward the upcoming travel.
How To Cancel Spirit Airlines Flights Tickets Online?
- Simply visit Spirit.com.
- At The Home Page, On the Flight Search Form. Look For “My Trips” Option.
- Enter The Passengers Last Name and Confirmation Code.
- After Login. Hit the “Cancel” option.
- Select The Reason as Per the Spirit Airlines Cancellation Policy from the Dropdown.
- You Must Check the Email ID And Phon Number Before Pressing the “Submit” button.
- Then press “Submit “. A Detailed Screen with a Refund Breakup Will Appear. That Displays How Much Refund You Will Get.
- Kindly Note the Refund Amount and the Request Reference Number.
- You Must Also Check Your Email ID and Phone Number and Confirm If You Received All the Details Regarding the Refund Request.
See Also: Spirit Airlines Name change Policy