QuickBooks is an essential accounting software in the current business scenario. It offers many features including POS for retail, inventory, bank account tracking, and payroll. The payroll feature is QuickBooks lets users with various facilities such as direct deposit, e-tax filing on behalf of the employee, and much more. Notwithstanding, the payroll feature is not shielded from QuickBook’s technical flaws. The error code “QuickBooks Error 15222” occurs when updating Payroll services such as tax tables in QuickBooks. It could be due to the browser settings are not configured in such a manner to make Internet Explorer the default web browser. However, there could also be other grounds on which the error triggers which is covered in detail along with its preventive measures.
While the “QuickBooks Error Code” is a recurring error, though it can still be obviated with ease if appropriate troubleshooting is done. Although, if you still couldn’t figure a way out, reach out at the toll-free number 1-(855)-856-0042 for better tech assistance.
Read more about QuickBooks Error 3371 Status code 11118
Causes behind the “QuickBooks Error 15222”
There are several reasons why the above-mentioned error ends up on the user’s PC screen. You may check out below-
- The digital signature registration feature is no more functional in Internet Explorer.
- For working in QuickBooks online, the web browser which is default is other than Internet Explorer.
- QuickBooks is posed as an alienated program for the in-built or third-party security applications.
Preventive Remedies for “QuickBooks Error 15222”
Solution-1: Manual Installation/Registration of a digital signature
- Exit all the Windows including ‘QuickBooks’.
- Go to ‘Start Menu’. Type ‘QBW32.exe’ in the Search Files and Folders search field of Start Menu. You can also search using pressing down the ‘Windows key’ + ‘F’ keys altogether which opens Windows Search.
- The file is usually destined in the ‘C://’ drive or where you primarily have the QuickBooks Installation files.
- Once you locate it, select ‘QBW32.exe’ and right-mouse click to choose ‘Properties’ from the drop-down.
- Go to ‘Digital Signature’, check ‘Intuit Inc.’ is included in the list. Check by selecting the ‘Details’ button.
- Below ‘Digital Signature Details’, choose ‘View Certificate’. Select ‘Install….’
- Follow instructions by clicking ‘Next’ till setup to install certificate runs. When completed, choose ‘Finish’ to end the installation. Reboot PC for changes to take effect.
- Sign-in to Windows. On the desktop right-click on the ‘QuickBooks..’ icon to open. Retry updating payrolls or tax tables.
If the above solution doesn’t work, check whether the Internet Explorer is set as the default web browser, or not.
We have arrived after our blog post. By and large, preparing the written post about the error code “QuickBooks Error 15222” we strive to provide our users with all the necessary info about the error thru its general description, causes, and preventive measures to combat the error. We have tried our best in supporting our users with the best knowledge and solutions and were able to respond to each of our user’s queries. However, if you are still experiencing any troubles, feel free to call on the toll-free 1-(855)-856-0042 for solutions that work for you.