QuickBooks is multi-talented accounting software that’s utilized by a lot of business owners and accountants across the world. There’s no doubt that it consists of varied cutting-edge tools and technologies, but it sometimes receives errors and glitches that will cause it to freeze functioning. One error that users face while using the software, updating it, or while fixing a problem is QuickBooks Error 1335.
Here, during this blog, we’ll provide you with detailed information on the causes, impacts, and solutions to the current error.
What is QuickBooks Error 1335?
QuickBooks Error 1335 means the cabinet file (data1.cab) needed for ongoing installation is defective or corrupted. Plus, the cabinet file (2), which is another vital file for this installation isn’t usable. QuickBooks Error 1335 is virtually a Microsoft Windows issue that happens while updating the accounting software or fixing its installation.
You may get one among the subsequent Microsoft Windows errors that occur when updating QuickBooks or repairing a QuickBooks installation:
- Error 1335: the cabinet file [data1.cab] needed for this installation is damaged and cannot be used.
- Error 1335: the cabinet file  required for this installation can’t be used.
What Causes QuickBooks Error 1335?
Here are other reasons that trigger QB Error 1335 and their solutions:
- Make sure that your software CD has no scratches and dirt as they’ll cause issues in reading.
- You can clean the Compact Disk softly and retry installing it.
- Installation issues normally appear due to insufficient installation memory settings on your system.
- The pc requirements of your system for QuickBooks accounting software installation and refer to the MS knowledge base for details on editing these settings.
- You can temporarily disable some software. Including anti-virus software at the moment of installing QuickBooks.
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 1335?
You can follow these solutions mentioned below to resolve your Error Code 1335. However, if you’re not good in technical aspects or need a quick solution to the current error then you’ll contact our QuickBooks Support team to receive a feasible solution for this error.
Solution 1: Use QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool
- Download and run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool.
- The tool will automatically try and find and fix the errors.
- Save the file to your desktop.
- Dual click on the file to “Run” the tool.
- Next, select the primary option “I am having problems installing QuickBooks.”
- Click “OK“
Solution 2: Run Windows Update
- Click the Windows Start button then select the control board from the proper side.
- Choose Windows Update or search it from the search bar at the top.
- From the panel on the left side select Change Settings.
- Now select Install Updates Automatically (Recommended) from under the Important Updates section.
- Now activate the “Give me recommended updates an equivalent way I receive important updates” option from under the recommended updates section and click on OK.
Solution 3: Manually Resolve Error 1335
In case the error isn’t fixed even after running the QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool, you’ll try fixing the error using the below mentioned manual steps:
- Get a hard drive installation of QB software to back up the installation folders from your QuickBooks CD to your drive and use copied files to put in QuickBooks from your disk drive simply.
- If just in case you continue receiving errors from the CD on a second computer, the CD may reduce in size. You’ll download QuickBooks then follow the QuickBooks software from your drive through the copied files.
- If you continue to receive errors, then clear the temporary folder and reattempt to install it.
We hope that you simply find this text helpful and resume working after fixing QuickBooks Error Code 1335. Just in case the problem persists, we are Pro Accountant Advisor, a leading QuickBooks Support & Help Service provider. With us at your disposal, you’ll rest assured of the most effective-in-class services within the least time possible.
Read Also: Fix QuickBooks Error “The file you specified cannot be opened”