When a user tries to open a company file, QuickBooks Error Code 80070057 normally occurs. On the user’s computer, the error message ‘QuickBooks Error 80070057 will appear. Along with this error, you can experience ‘the parameter is incorrect’ too. This occurs when a user tries to run a program file that is not actually running in the background. As a result, you can open the company files from inside QuickBooks.
In this article, we’ll go over how to fix the QuickBooks Error 80070057 and the reasons for it.
Causes of the QuickBooks Error Code 80070057
The following are the main causes of the QuickBooks error 80070057:
- When you try to access a company file that has been redirected to a separate work location.
- Because of the firewall settings, you would not be able to work with QuickBooks.
- If the Bit defender (anti-virus software) has blocked unique ports.
- When QuickBooks fails to notice a shift in the file extension.
- Because of an issue with QuickBooks’ installation.
- If a file’s extension is wrong.
- When you want to open a portable file without first starting QuickBooks.
- On the pen drive, there is a company’s register.
- If damage to the company file was discovered during the installation of QuickBooks.
Signs and Symptoms of the QuickBooks Error Code 80070057
Given-below are the signs and symptoms of the QuickBooks error code 80070057:
- If your company file has unexpectedly crashed.
- When a message box appears on the screen with the message “The parameter is incorrect.”
- If you don’t have access to the company’s files, you can’t erase them.
- The message ‘QuickBooks Error Code 80070057’ will appear on your screen.
- Also, you may encounter ‘The Parameter is Incorrect’ on your monitor.
- If your desktop screen keeps freezing.
- The QuickBooks program’s windows keep crashing.
- Because of the PC’s delay in responding to mouse or keyboard input.
- If your computer system crashes on a regular basis.
Solutions To Fix the QuickBooks Error Code 80070057
The following are some of the solutions that can help you in fixing you error:
Solution 1: Log-in to your QuickBooks as an Administrator
- Find the icon of QuickBooks on your desktop screen.
- After that, right-click on that icon.
- Tap the ‘Run as an administrator’ option.
- Now, verify if the company files are opening successfully or not.
Solution 2: Try to re-locate the company file
- Create a new folder on the C: drive.
- After that, you have to save your company file in this folder.
- Then, verify that all the computer servers can access this company file.
Solution 3: Use the QuickBooks File Doctor tool
- Open the Intuit official website.
- Click on the QuickBooks File Doctor tool to download it.
- Install the tool and run it on your desktop.
QuickBooks users are most likely to troubleshoot QuickBooks error code 80070057 with the help of the above-mentioned solutions. But, if you are not able to troubleshoot this error with these solutions, don’t panic. You have to take technical guidance and help from QuickBooks Error Support executives on this toll-free number: +1(860)544-6044.