Reconciliation in QuickBooks is a process to match the bank account statements with their QuickBooks account statements. QuickBooks users first match their opening balance with the QuickBooks beginning balance and then reconcile the other transactions. It is important to regularly reconcile your bank statement with your QuickBooks account to avoid imbalance in the balance sheet.
There can be a situation when QuickBooks users want to Undo a Reconciliation in QuickBooks for several reasons. QuickBooks users might record an incorrect date or amount in the reconciliation process and figure it out later.
Why Does a User Want To Undo a Reconciliation in QuickBooks?
The following are the various reasons for undoing a reconcile in the QuickBooks application:
- As mentioned in the above paragraph, a user might have entered a wrong or incorrect date or amount in the books.
- The entire transactions are properly checked but it was discovered later that it doesn’t clear off completely.
- It is possible that the reconciliation in QuickBooks was forced and now needs to be corrected in an accurate manner.
- QuickBooks user entered a date mistakenly that is not an actual date. For example, 30th February.
Steps to Undo a Reconciliation in QuickBooks
Below are the steps that help in undoing a reconciliation in QuickBooks:
- From the left menu, click on the ‘Banking’ menu.
- On the top right corner of your screen, select the ‘Banking’ option.
- From the top, click on the ‘Account’ tab.
- In the ‘Action’ column, choose the ‘Registry/ Account’ history.
- Look for the transactions that you want to reconcile. Remember, one transaction at a time.
- Highlight the tab on the chosen transaction.
- After that, click on the ‘R’ option that is located on the line of the transaction at the top between the ‘Amount’ and ‘Deposits’ option.
- When you click on this field, it will let you replace the transaction status with your desired status. For example, Blank = Unreconciled to C = Cleared.
- Select the ‘Save’ option.
- Your screen will display a pop-up message like this: “Your transactions are already reconciled”.
- Click on the ‘Ok’ option.
Also Read:- QuickBooks Banking Error 101
What are the Steps To Undo the Reconciliation In QuickBooks Online
The following are the steps to undo your Reconciliation in QuickBooks Online:
- From the ‘Banking’ menu, choose the ‘Registers’ option.
- In the ‘Registers’ drop-down, select the ‘Account’ tab.
- Select the transaction that you want to reconcile.
- Click on the ‘R’ option.
- This will help in modifying the rank to get unreconciled.
- If you want to reconcile statements separately, go to the ‘Banking’ menu.
- This will let you use the reconcile alternative.
- Review and Save the changes.
- Click on the ‘Ok’ option.
The above article is based on the information regarding How To Undo a Reconciliation in QuickBooks. If you face any difficulty in undoing a reconciliation in QuickBooks manually, you can consult the QuickBooks Error Support experts who will guide you properly by reaching out to this 24/ 7 available number here: +1- 877- 349- 3776.
Read more Related Articles:-
How to Reconcile in QuickBooks Desktop?
Setting up loans in QuickBooks