Downloading or updating drivers is one of the crucial parts of taking care of your printer. If the printer’s drivers are not updated, you may face performance issues, or it may start behaving weirdly. Printer drivers are programs that regulate the working of your printer. You can download the required printer drivers from the manufacturer’s website and install them without any hassle. You may also not need any CD to update or download these printer drivers.
In this post, we have explained to you how you can download Canon printer drivers. They are easily available on the official Canon website, or you can get them from ij.start.cannon. Read this guide to know how to download Canon printer drivers on Windows and Mac.
Points to Know Before Downloading
To make downloading and installing drivers easier for you, here are some preliminary preparations that you need to make. Read the complete list below.
- The very first thing is to make sure that you have set up your printer properly. Also, you will have to make sure that you have placed the ink cartridges correctly.
- Your system and the printer must be connected. You can use any of the available methods to connect the system and the printer.
- Other than this, always take note of the model number of the printer that you are using. Also, note down the password of the wifi and the system.
- Also, you will have to make sure that you have a good internet connection on the system. Having a poor network can lead to a slow downloading process.
- Make sure to terminate all the applications running in the background to avoid any interruptions.
Also, you need to make sure that you place the system near your wifi router. It will help you to get better signals and also make the downloading process faster.
- Lastly, to access the official Canon website, you will have to make sure that you are using an updated version of the web browser, and also, there are no issues with the browser.
Procedure to Download Canon Printer Driver on Windows OS
To download the Canon printer driver on the system, you must follow the steps mentioned below.
- First, you need to visit the official Canon website or ij.start.cannon.
- You will then have to go to the downloads page.
- Choose to download the drivers. You will then have to enter the model number of your printer.
- From the list of printers, choose the name of your printer and then click on the download option.
- Wait while the downloading process completes.
- When the process completes, you will have to install the drivers by following all the steps appearing on the system.
- Next, you need to open the control panel on the system. In the control panel, choose to add a printer.
- Let your system scan for available printers.
- Once your printer appears on the list, you need to click on the name to add it.
- When it is connected, you will have to try to print a test page on the system.
- If it is not connected, try connecting it again.
Procedure to Install Canon Printer Driver on Mac
The process to canon driver download and install the Canon printer driver on Mac is different from Windows. Below we have mentioned the steps to install the Canon printer driver on the system.
- To start with, connect the system and the printer via USB cable.
- Next, open the menu on your system. For this, click on the apple icon on the screen.
- When done, in the menu, look for the printer and scanners option.
- You will now have to choose the option to wait till the device finds your printer.
- When your printer is found, click ok the name to connect
- If you are unable to connect, you will have to check the USB connection you have made.
- When the printer is connected, try installing the drivers on the system
- You will then have to print a sample page.
Procedure to Download Canon Drivers on Mac
To download the printer driver on Mac, pursue the process in the same sequence as mentioned below.
- To begin with, open the official Canon website.
- On the website, you will have to go to the downloads and support page.
- Next, you will have to type the model number of the printer that you are using.
- When done, download the drivers that you want to update.
- Wait till the downloading process completes. When done, save the file to an easily accessible location.
Procedure to Update Drivers
To update the existing drivers on the system, you need to follow the steps mentioned below.
- First, you need to open the device manager on the system
- You will then have to look for print queues. Under this, you need to look for the printer that you are using.
- Now, right-click on the name of your printer.
- From the menu, choose the option update driver option
- Next, wait for the system to scan for the latest drivers.
- When done, update the drivers and then start the system again.
Downloading Canon drivers is an easy process, but you need to follow all the steps properly. We hope that you will be able to download and install Canon with all the steps that we have mentioned! Printer drivers on Mac and Windows. To know more, you can also visit ij.start.cannon. Hope this helps. and you can also check this page to design your website .