The tool QuickBooks Database Server Manager is introduced to create .ND files in the host device. It also allows users to use the software on a multi-user server.If you are planning to access the data from a different system then QBDSM is one of the best tools you can ask for to make your task easy and efficient.
How to get the tool and use it on your device?
We will answer all these questions below. So sit tight!
Quick and Easy Tips to Follow
- The QuickBooks Database Server Manager creates network data files and saves company files on the host machine. It is necessary to install each version of the Database server manager if you want to use several versions of QuickBooks Desktop.
- If you want to install different versions of Database Server Manager, you will only get different versions of processes. However, it is unable to deliver numerous software versions.
- When you want to use various versions of QuickBooks Desktop, install the Database server Manager in chronological order, from the oldest to the newest version.
- Be aware that when the server functions for each year, the year’s database services are running in the background. Go to the Control panel of windows, and look for the QuickBooks DBXX, where the xx indicates the number of versions.
- When the QuickBooks Database Manager is installed, it adds one user to each QuickBooks version. QBDataServiceUser28 for 2018 and QBDataServiceUsers27 for 2017 are two examples.
Ways to Download QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- The first step in installing the quickbooks database server manager is to double-click on the installer and select “Start” with the “Wizard” installation.
- If your computer has internet access, select “Next” to download an update. If your computer is not connected to the internet, select “No” and then “Next.”
- The user must now close any open “All programmes” and then click “Next.”
- The user must also carefully read the “Terms of the software licence agreement” and choose “I accept the terms and licence agreement” and click “Next” if they agree with the “Terms and conditions.”
- Alternatively, hit on “Custom options” or “Network options.”
- Choose the installation type:
- When you want to run the application in your system, select “I’ll be using QuickBooks on this computer and I’ll be storing.”
- When just QuickBooks data will be saved on this computer, choose “I will not be using QuickBooks on this computer…”.
- The next step is to select “Yes,” and then “Allow Access.”
- Add your information in the section “License Number” and “Product Number.”
- Follow the instruction to complete the procedure.
- After successfully completing the process, make sure to configure the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
How to Update QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- To continue, quickbooks database server manager download.
- You must reboot the server when the installation is complete, and this is very crucial.
- You will receive the message: The Company File must be updated to work with this “version of QuickBooks Desktop” once the server has been updated on each of the workstations.
- After then, the modifications may cause the database structure to change, and you will be prompted to “Create a backup.”
- When you complete the backup and follow the prompts, the users will be able to open the file.
Learn to Set Up and then Run Database Server Manager
- During scanning, the QuickBooks company files and folders that need to be modified for multi-user access are located.
- For automatic configuration of new company files, local hard drives are used.les.
Step 1: Access QuickBooks Database Server Manager
To begin, click the “Start” button, then “Programs,” then “QuickBooks,” and finally “QuickBooks Database Server Manager.”
Step 2: Scan Folders
- Navigate to the “Start” button and then to “Programs“. After that, select QuickBooks. Then select QuickBooks Database Server Manager from the drop-down menu.
- From the list hit on the Scan folders.
- After that, search for folders containing “QuickBooks company files.” If you’re not sure which files to look for, scan the entire disc.
- Finally, click the “Scan” button, and you’ll be able to see which folders are being scanned through the display bar.
Step 3: Add Folder
- Hit on the Folders option by choosing the button Add Folders.
- The folder’s location within the folders containing the “QuickBooks company file.”
Step 4: Delete Folder
You can “Remove” the QuickBooks Company file by clicking on the folder that contains the file, and then clicking on “Remove Folder”.
Step 5: Hit the Scan Option
- Finally, under the folders that contain QuickBooks company files, click the “Scan the folders” option.
- After the scanning is completed, you will see a “list of corporate files” in that folder.
Step 6: Checked Driver Features
- To begin, click the “Start” button, then “Programs,” then “QuickBooks,” and finally “QuickBooks Database Manager.”
- Then, if you want all of the “local drives” that you want to monitor for company files that are added, click on the “Monitored Drive” tab “Remove and rename” and then “Select.”
We have come to the end of the article. We are hopeful, that it helped you to get rid of the issue you are dealing with. In case, the error still persists, then take IT professionals help to resolve it. DO not wait too long, as the error might induce other issues a well.