QuickBooks Error 6000 83 can occur when you try to open, back up, or restore a company file. The error mainly occurs when you have insufficient access to a specific folder. One needs to have proper access and rights to the folder to run QuickBooks in multi-user mode. However, there are several other reasons as well that promote error 6000 83 in QuickBooks. And thus, restrict you from accessing the company records. Through this blog, we will look into some of the possible causes and the troubleshooting methods that will help you fix error 6000 83.
Are you looking for immediate assistance to troubleshoot QuickBooks Desktop error 6000 83? If yes, give us a call on our Toll-Free Number and get in touch with our experts.
What Are The Possible Reasons Behind QuickBooks Company File Error 6000 83?
Whenever you end up with QuickBooks error 6000 83, an error message appears on your screen that reads: “An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to access the company file. Please try again.” Below we have mentioned some of the other reasons that can trigger this error code:
- Error 6000 83 in QuickBooks desktop can be due to missing or damaged QuickBooks company file.
- You might have insufficient permissions for accessing the hosting server.
- Another reason can be insufficient Windows user permissions.
- The error code 6000 83 QuickBooks can appear while converting a previous version of your QuickBooks company file over a network.
- Firewall settings restrict QuickBooks from communicating with the server.
- The folder in which you have stored your QuickBooks company file is damaged.
- The file extension might be of the wrong type, such as .qbm or .qbw.adr rather than .qbw.
- If multiple computers are hosting the company file.
- You might be having insufficient permissions for QBDataServiceUser.
How To Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Code 6000 83?
After getting aware of the possible causes, you must proceed to the troubleshooting methods mentioned below to fix QuickBooks error 6000 83:
Solution 1: Run QuickBooks File Doctor
You can fix common company file and network issues in the QuickBooks application with the QB File Doctor. Follow the below-given steps to run the tool:
- At first, you have to open QuickBooks without opening the company file.
- Now, select Utilities from the File menu.
- Open the QB File Doctor Tool by clicking on Repair File and Network problems.
- After that, click on Browse and select the damaged company file and click on Open.
- Then, choose the type of fix using the Show Advanced Settings drop-down menu and then click Next.
- Now, you have to enter the Administrator username and password and click on Next.
- Once done, try to open the company file.
Solution 2: Turn Off Hosting On All The Computers
Follow the below-given steps to troubleshoot the 6000 83 QuickBooks error:
- Firstly, you have to turn off hosting on all the computers except the PC with the main server.
- If you come across the option “Host multiple user access,” it means that your PC is not hosting the company file.
- Click Yes if you come across the option, “Stop hosting multiple user access.”
- Click Yes when the pop-up company file must be closed appears on your screen.
- Follow the same steps on the computer on which you have turned on the hosting.
Need Expert Help?
We hope the troubleshooting methods mentioned in this blog would have helped you resolve QuickBooks error 6000 83 without any hassle. If you need any further assistance, give us a call on our Toll-Free Number.