QuickBooks Error 6129 is an error that shows up when you open or activates QuickBooks Desktop. This error states as Error code: -6129, 0: Database connection verification failure. In each situation, this error reads as QuickBooks cannot load the license data. This may be caused by damaged or missing files. This blog will cover the causes and solutions for this error.
In a situation of any doubt or query, contact the QuickBooks Professional Team at 1-(855)-856-0042.
Causes Of QuickBooks Error 6129
Before we even try a solution, it’s important first to understand what factors might be causing this error. Some of the causes of this error are listed below:
- The file necessary to run QuickBooks is damaged or missing.
- Sometimes anti-viruses or outdated OS blocks or quarantines some QuickBooks files.
- Whenever QuickBooks is running, it looks for an installation file that contains your license information. That file is Qbregistration.dat. Any damage to this file will trigger this error.
- QuickBooks requires an essential component to run. This component, called MSXML, is provided by Microsoft. The component allows retrieving of information from the Qbregistration.dat file. Essentially if MSXMl is harmed, it causes an error.
How To Fix QB Error 6129?
As this error has multiple causes, there are some things that we can try to fix this error. Some solutions are listed below:
Clean Installation OF QuickBooks Desktop
Clean installing QuickBooks Desktop can resolve a lot of issues. If even after clean install you encounter a problem, then you must contact QuickBooks Professionals. It signifies damage to your operating system.
QuickBooks Tool Hub
Take the following steps given below to resolve this issue by QuickBooks Tool Hub:
- Close QuickBooks.
- Install QuickBooks Tool Hub. If you have installed QuickBooks Tool Hub before, you can find out the version installed. Just go to the Home menu. The version should be displayed at the bottom right. If not, choose About to view the version.
- Open the downloaded file.
- Follow the installation steps.
- Once complete, double-click on the icon.
- Now in the QuickBooks Tool Hub, select installation issues.
- Choose Error 6129 Error Fix.
- Choose OK.
- Open your data file in QuickBooks Desktop.
In this blog, we covered various solutions and causes for the QuickBooks Error 6129. This error is quite common and easy to fix. These solutions discussed in the blog can help you resolve this error. Follow the steps given carefully, and this error should get solved. In case of any technical query or questions, contact the QuickBooks Professional Team at 1-(855)-856-0042.