QuickBooks Payroll Software has emerged as one of the best payroll and accounting software for small and medium businesses. However, often users face the below-mentioned error messages while downloading or updating the software. While Working on QuickBooks payroll or while updating payroll, the user might face the QuickBooks error 12xxx series. If you are also facing any such error, then stick to this article till the end.
In this blog, we will be telling the possible reasons as well as troubleshooting processes to resolve these mistake codes. Generally, these errors occur when getting updates in QuickBooks desktop or payroll updates.
What are QuickBooks Payroll 12000 Errors?
Talking about QuickBooks 12XXX windows internet connectivity errors, they are generally reported from the Microsoft Win32 Internet application programming interface. These problems are usually seen when the user downloads or accepts an update.
List of 12000 series error codes
Few common 12XXX series errors are as:
- Error 12002
- QB Error 12007
- Error Code 12009
- Error 12029
- QB Error 12031
- Error Code 12057
- QB Error 12152
- Error 12157
What is QuickBooks Error 12002?
QuickBooks Error 12002 occurs when QuickBooks fails to use the Internet Connections on your computer. This can be caused due to a network timeout or a slow internet connection.
Reasons Behind QuickBooks Error Code 12002
- QuickBooks is unable to access the server due to a network timeout.
- Incorrect SSL settings can lead to “Error Code 12002”.
- Your net Protection or Firewall settings are upsetting the connection.
- Error 12002 can also happen due to a bad internet connection.
- You might not have Internet Explorer as your default browser.
Methods to Resolve QuickBooks Error 12002
Here is the way to fix “Error Code 12002”. Moreover, we have listed some of them to help you resolve the issue quickly:
- At first, close QuickBooks and open Internet Explorer.
- Now select Tools and then choose Internet Options.
- Next, choose the Security tab and make sure that the security setting is set to Medium-High.
- Finally, click on the Globe icon and choose the Content tab.
- You need to make sure that the content advisor button is Enable.
- Now, click on the Connections tab and follow the steps given below:
- Choose Never Dial a Connection.
- Make sure that you choose the right ISP and click Ok.
- Then you have to select the LAN Settings option.
- Check that automatically detect settings check box is enabled.
- Verify that Use a Proxy Server checked is Disable.
- If you see port 8o then uncheck the box.
- Lastly, click Ok.
- Now, you have to select the Advanced tab:
- Click on the Restore Advanced Settings option.
- Then, search Use TLS 1.0, Use TLS 1.1, and Use TLS 1.2 options
- Ensure that Use TLS 1.0 is checked and the others are unchecked.
- Now, close the Internet Options and select OK.
- Shut down Internet Explorer and restart your PC.
- You have to open QuickBooks and try to update again.
Moreover, we have listed more QuickBooks Error Code 12002 solutions to help you resolve the issue quickly.
What Is QuickBooks Error Code 12007?
QuickBooks Error Code 12007 mainly happens as a result of usual Internet connection failure. There can be other possible causes such as incorrectly configured system files. When this QB update queries like “QuickBooks payroll update error code 12007” comes, you will view error information on your desktop – “QuickBooks has experienced a problem and must be close.
Possible Cause For QuickBooks Error Code 12007:
QuickBooks error code can occur due to several possible reasons as listed below-
- QuickBooks failed to connect to the Internet causing an error in downloading the updates
- Desktop is incapable to install a combination for QB
- Firewall or Internet security settings might be blocking the program to reach the server
- Wrong setting of your SSL can also begin to QuickBooks Error Code 12007
- The default browser might not be Internet Explorer, i.e., unsupported Internet Browser
How to Resolve QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 12007?
For various possible causes of the QB payroll update error 12007, you need to perform different troubleshooting procedures.
Solution 1: Check Your Internet Explorer Configuration
Starting with Internet Explorer settings might save you from performing further steps. You can easily adjust the settings to recheck if the QB payroll update error 12007 is fixed.
- Select the Setting icon on the top right corner of Internet Explorer and click on Internet Options from the drop-down list.
- Move to the Connections tab and tap on LAN Settings.
- Check-mark the box next to Automatically Detect Settings and ensure that servers are blank while updating QB.
- Apply the changes and move to the Advanced tab.
- Now locate SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0 and check-mark the respective boxes. Uncheck the box against the Check for publisher’s certificate option.
- On the same tab, scroll down to verify that TLS 1.2 option is not checked. Also, check that the box next to TLS 1.1 is verified.
After performing this step, if you are still having QuickBooks Error Code 12007 go here for more steps.
What is QuickBooks error code 12029?
QuickBooks Error code 12029 is a network timeout. This error denotes that QuickBooks is not getting an IP address and servers have a weak connection between them. The backend servers are not able to reciprocate to QB within the assigned time.
Causes of QuickBooks error code 12029
- There is an internet connection issue.
- Internet security or firewall is perhaps blocking the connection.
- You are using a different browser.
- The SSL setting may be inappropriate.
- There could be a network timeout.
Troubleshooting of QuickBooks error code 12029
Solution 1 – Verify internet connectivity
- Net connection issue is one of the leading reasons behind this update glitch. Thus, you should begin by checking your internet connection set up in QB.
- QuickBooks software should be allowed and configured to use the internet settings of your PC. Choose “use my computer’s internet connection” and then select Next and Done.
- Try to complete the update process.
- Move to the next solution if the issue persists.
After performing this step, if you are still having QuickBooks Error Code 12029 go here for more steps.
What Causes QuickBooks error code 12152?
The QuickBooks error 12152 can happen due to several causes and the common ones are posted below:
- This error often caused by misconfigured internet settings
- Older version of QB, especially QB desktop 2014 or earlier
- The license data is not identified by QB software
- There might be a problem with the API keys of Windows
- Maybe your computer is infected with a virus, Trojan, or malware
- Error with the software installation, for example, the installation has got terminated
- There can be issues with your Windows Registry
- QuickBooks or maybe your computer got abruptly switched off due to some reason like power cut etc.
- Some important files or folders got deleted.
Ways to Resolve QuickBooks Error code 12152
Below are the solutions to resolve error code 12152 in QB:
Solution 1: Verify your system’s date and time
The very first solution that one can opt for is to verify the system date and time. The steps to be followed are as follows:
- First, check if the Date and Time are correct on your system.
- If it is not correct, then go down right of your system
- Now put the cursor on the time that is displayed and right-click on it
- Next, hit a click on Change date/time.
- Now restart your QB desktop and check if the error has got resolved or not.
If you are Windows 10 user then follow the given steps:
- Firstly, go to Settings and click on Time & language
- After that drive to the Date & time page.
- To set the current time click on the Set time automatically option.
- In the Time zone section, ensure that the correct time zone is chosen. In case it is not selected, then choose the correct one from the drop-down box.
- If the daylight saving time applies to your time zone, just enable the “Adjust for daylight saving time automatically” option.
After performing this step, if you are still having QB Error Code 12152 go here for more steps.
Reasons behind QuickBooks Error code 12157
- Limiting settings of Firewall (personal) and Internet security apps.
- More than one version of QuickBooks on the same device system of the same year mainly QB Desktop Pro 2016 and QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Solutions 16.0.
- Certain settings considering Internet or Security applications can also cause Error 12157 QuickBooks to crop up when updating QB Desktop.
Furthermore, some good resolutions can solve the query instantly and without any miscalculations. Update your software after every step to check has been ordered.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error code 12157?
Given below is a list of solutions that you can use to solve error message 12157.
Solution 1: Advanced Settings
- Some easy steps to resolve QB error 12157.
- Exit QuickBooks and then visit Internet Explorer.
- After opening proceeds to the Tools tab in Menu Bar and then go to Internet options.
- Now choose the Advanced Tab.
- Choose the Restore Advanced Settings tab and exit the Window.
After performing this step, if you are still having QuickBooks Error Code 12157 go here for more steps.