QuickBooks Error 6177 0 occurs when opening the company file. Error Code -6177, 0 generally arises when QuickBooks is in the multi-user mode.
In this post, we’ll discuss the causes and solution steps to fix it.
Causes for QuickBooks Error Code -6177, 0
- The folder is damaged where the company file is located
- .ND file is damaged
- QuickBooks company file corrupted
5 Simple Methods to Fix QuickBooks Error -6177, 0
Method 1: Update QuickBooks Desktop
- Open QuickBooks Desktop
- Then go to Help > Update QuickBooks Desktop
- Then click on Update Now to the top right corner
- Now make a check on Reset Update and click Get Updates
- Once Update is complete, close QuickBooks
Method 2: Download and Run QuickBooks File Doctor
- Download QuickBooks Tool Hub and go to your downloads by pressing CTRL+J
- Under your downloads list click on QuickBooksToolsHub.exe
- Click Yes to allow this app to make changes
- Now select on Next to install it and then tick Yes again for allowing the license agreement
- Select on Next and then Install (It may take some time)
- Once the installation is complete click on Finish
- Now open QuickBooks Tool Hub (Icon will be available on the desktop)
- Under the Company File, Issues tab click on Run QuickBooks File Doctor
Method 3: Rename the .ND File
.ND file helps you to run QuickBooks company files on network and multi-user mode. If this file is damaged or corrupted that can cause you QuickBooks Error -6177, 0 but renaming these files may help you to resolve it.
- Open your QuickBooks company file location
- C:\Users\Public\Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\Company File [Default Location]
- Now look for the files that have .ND
- Make a right-click on them and select Rename, Now type “.OLD” at the end of the file
- For Example, CompanyName.qbw.ND now changes it to CompanyName.qbw.ND.OLD
- Click Yes to confirm.
If the same problem still exists after following the above 3 steps, please proceed further with the below ones too.
Method 4: Run QuickBooks Database Server Manager
As we downloaded QuickBooks Tool Hub in the earlier step, it’s time to run QuickBooks Database Server Manager with the help of it.
- Make a double click on the QuickBooks Tool Hub desktop icon to open
- Then select the Network Issues tab, now click QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- If QuickBooks Database Server Manager shows the correct company file location click on Start
- Scan but if not click on Browse to select the company file folder and then click Start Scan
- Now QuickBooks Database Server Manager will repair your firewall and provide all the efficient permission to access all workstations
- Once the repair is successful click on Close
Method 5: Update the Company File Location
Important: Generally these steps should be performed onto the server computer where the company files hosts.
Step 1. Move your company file
- Press Windows+E keys together to open File Explorer
- Click This PC on the left panel on your computer
- Now type *.QBW under the search tab that you can see to the top right corner to open the company file
- It may take some time to show the company file. Once you can see the company file make a right-click and select Properties
- Now you can see the location of the company
- Write down the location. You need to put the file here again
Step 2. Create a new folder to the local drive(C:)
Now move the company file to the local drive(C:). Ensure to move the company file only, not the folder. To move the company file:
- Go to File Explorer(Windows key+E)
- Click on This PC
- Click Local Disk (C:)
- Make a right-click on the blank space and select New > Folder
- Now move the company file to the new folder
Step 3. Create a Portable File and Restore it to the server
- Open QuickBooks Desktop
- Click Open or restore an existing company
- Select Open a company file and click Next
- Now browse to the location where you moved the company file into (C:) drive
- Select the file and click Open
- Go to File > Create Copy… to create a portable file
- Choose Portable company file and click Next
- Click on Save. Make sure to remember the portable company file location
- Then click OK
- Go to File > Open or Restore Company
- Select Restore a portable file and click Next
- Select the company file and click Open
- Click Next
- To restore the file, move to the same location from where you moved the company file to the (C:) drive as you see in the earlier step(2)
- Select Save
- In this way, you can put the company file in the same location.
After following all the above steps you’ll no longer face QuickBooks Error Code 6177 0 but in case it still exists, you can speak with our experts.
Read Also: Reset your QuickBooks Password for Admin and Other Users