QuickBooks unable to backup company file is a potential threat to the data saved in QuickBooks. If not attended timely, this error could be grave. Hence, one must act on this error as soon as possible. This blog will help us understand the various causes and techniques to fix this error.
In order to learn more about this error or QuickBooks, please contact the Professional Team of QuickBooks at 844-932-1139.
Causes OF Backup Problem In QuickBooks
It’s vital first to understand the reasons for this error before we even expect a solution. Some causes associated with this error are listed below:
- This error commonly occurs when the company file backup is on an external disk.
- When the company file size exceeds 3 GB.
- Another program is running in the background scanning QuickBooks Desktop.
- If the backup is restored over a current company file.
- The backup failure can also act when the name of the company file includes special characters.
- ADR extension in the file name can also cause this problem.
Solutions For Fixing QuickBooks Desktop Backup Error
Removing Special Characters From The Company File Name
Take the steps given below to resolve this issue if your company file contains special characters.
- Right-click the file name and then choose rename option.
- Choose and enter a new filename as per your wish. Avoid entering any special characters this time.
- Finally, Hit enter.
Repairing The Company File
For this solution, use the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool to troubleshoot any problems with the company file.
Checking File Size
Try this approach as well in order to fix this solution. Take the steps given below:
- Make sure that the file is not less than 6 MB. Once done with the company file backup, check the file size.
- Right-click on the file option and then select the properties option to check the file size.
- The file is not a true backup file if the file size is less than 6 MB. In that case, you can make a new backup.
Also Read out other post:- QuickBooks Error 6143
Version Of QuickBooks While Restoring Backup File
While restoring the backup file, you can use the QuickBooks File Manager to know about the QuickBooks version that you are using. Use the same or new version of QuickBooks during the restoration of the backup file.
Limit Overwriting An Existing File
Take the following steps given below to implement this solution:
- First, make sure that the file is saved in a location that is easily accessible.
- In case the file matches with any other file name in the same folder, a message will be displayed on the screen regarding the overwriting of the file.
- Click no and change the filename.
In this blog, we saw the various causes and solutions for QuickBooks unable to backup company file. Some other solutions to fix this error are to run the verify/rebuild utility tools, backup the company file to an external drive, and setting up QuickBooks Desktop to use a new filename. Try the above-mentioned solutions to fix this error.
In case of any doubt or technical query related to QuickBooks unable to backup company file, please contact the QuickBooks Professional Team at 844-932-1139.
Other Search Query:-
Backup Problem in QuickBooks, Cannot Backup QuickBooks Company File, QuickBooks 2018 Backup Failed, QuickBooks Backup Failed, QuickBooks Backup Freezes, QuickBooks Backup not working, QuickBooks Backup Stuck at 99, QuickBooks Could Not Backup the Company File, QuickBooks Desktop Backup Error, QuickBooks Encountered a Problem Attempting to Backup, QuickBooks Error Message Unable to Backup Company File, Unable to Backup QuickBooks Company File, Backup Problem in QuickBooks online, QuickBooks Backup Failed again and again, QuickBooks Backup Stuck