Windows is a powerful operating system; however, when it comes to bugs and errors, Windows goes all-in with fixing those solutions. Everything might be going right, but then this error of PFN list corrupt windows 10 pops up on your screens as a Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) error.
It often occurs when your computer is not in the condition of processing any task. The Page Frame Number (PFN) database is full of the list used to find the locations of all the system files.
PFN cannot process any task if it is corrupted, and then you see the BSOD error on the screen. However, you can fix these issues by using the methods given below to help you stop the windows 10 PFN list corrupt.
Quick Fix to PFN list corrupt Windows 10
It is undoubtedly not that hard to find the PFN list corrupt Windows 10 fix. Here we are, giving you four solutions to help you resolve the PFN list corrupt error. You need to try and follow the instructions carefully, without leaving any step in between.
Fix I: Repair the corrupted Windows registry
It can be possible that your Windows registry installed on your computer is corrupted. Sometimes, due to this problem, our PC can work slower.
It is always better to remove the corrupted or erased registry. You need to remove or scan the registries that seem invalid. Various free tools are available online to help you with this.
To do it yourself, you need to start automatic repair first and then refresh and later reset it.
Fix II: Run the BSOD Troubleshooter
If the first method worked for you, then it is excellent. If not, then you don’t need to worry; we got you covered.
Try this fix, and we hope that your PFN list corrupt windows 10 will be resolved entirely. Follow the steps below:
- First of all, go to start and navigate to the settings application or use the search box to open Settings.
- Now, click on the Update & Security Option and choose the Troubleshoot from the left-side menu. You can see the BSOD is present at the right pane and click to Run the troubleshooter.
Next, you need to follow the onscreen instructions to resolve the PFN corrupt windows 10.
Fix III: Uninstall the software that is problematic
The PFN list corrupt Windows 10 occurs due to the antivirus software according to most of the users. However, there can be some other software also that creates the issue.
Any third-party software or even a broken one can cause the problem, so you need to be ready to uninstall them. These days, some software, especially antivirus, comes with a dedicated uninstaller.
You can download the uninstaller for software and then install the latest version of the same software but from the official link.
Fix IV: Keep in check your hard drive for errors
If your problem is not going away even after trying the above methods, you need to check the hard drive.
- First of all, go to the Advanced Startup by restarting the computer and holding the Shift key.
- Now select Troubleshoot and then the Advanced Options. You have to choose the Command Prompt, and now the three commands that you have to enter are:
– “bootrec.exe /fixmbr”
– “bootrec.exe /fixboot”
After every code, press Enter to execute them.
- Run the chkdsk command but make sure that you remember the drive letter of partitions. Now Enter chkdsk /r c: and chkdsk/r d:
- Now you need to restart your computer to find out if the issue has been resolved.
By following the above instructions, you will see that the PFN list corrupt windows 10 error will be resolved entirely in your computer or system.