Linen is reputable as a luxurious and sophisticated fabric that is used in a wide range of applications. The breathable and durable material is known to be versatile, too, so it is common to find it as window treatments, tablecloths, and upholstery. The fabric is made using the stems of flax, which grows in cool climates and the soil that is common to European countries, such as France. French linen tablecloths are particularly associated with elegance and luxury, which are two qualities that they add to your interior design. There’s no arguing that these tablecloths can easily add a touch of sophistication to your space.
French linen is a widely used material for fine and luxurious tablecloths. It appeals to environmentally conscious consumers, too, as flax is grown in a sustainable way, and the fabric is organic. However, you need to be careful when shopping for French linen tablecloths to make sure that you are not buying fake and low-quality products. Here are some things you must consider before you buy:
• Know your preferred style – Browse interior design pages and magazines for style ideas. They can serve as your inspiration, so the selection of French linen tablecloths will seem less overwhelming.
• Take measurements – Measure the table where you will be using the French linen tablecloth. That way, you can easily verify the size of the product and make sure that it is suitable for your furniture.
• Make sure it suits your table – Besides ensuring that it is the right size, the tablecloth must also suit the shape of your table and the pattern or color should go perfectly with your room. For instance, plain off-white and ivory will tend to look drab in a colorful room, but they do well with neutral-toned or wood spaces.
• Don’t ignore patterns – French linen tablecloths come in different patterns, which should provide more visual interest to your table and help hide small stains. When in doubt, consider a pattern in a simple color scheme to avoid an overly busy look.
• Buy from the right store – Purchase French linen tablecloths only from a reputable shop that is known to sell authentic and high-quality products.
About the Author:
R.H. Ballard Shop & Gallery started 24 years ago, inspired by the love for art, French design, and Home décor. Their shops are situated in Little Washington and Blue Ridge Mts. in Virginia and have amazing European designs, unique art, and home décor products. Tasteful merchandise such as French linen, gourmet food items, home décor products, vintage items, fine art, rugs, men’s and women’s accessories, and much more is available here. Visit this renowned gift shop and gallery or their website to get a glimpse of unique hand-picked merchandise.