Overall, QuickBooks is top-tier accounting software that helps thousands of businesses to meet their bookkeeping needs. However, it is not immune from routine bugs and crashes that often keep the work still for hours. The users have complained about one such issue where their QB application just freezes and sometime later, an error message shows up headlining that QuickBooks has stopped working. It also says that a problem caused the program to stop working correctly and that Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. Read more about it in the blog below.
QuickBooks crashes are common but it is a menace when they start to occur frequently. In that case, the best solution is to get some assistance it from an expert. Get one on the line right away by calling on the toll-free number 844-932-1139.
You may Also read: QuickBooks reconciliation problem
Possible Causes of the QuickBooks Desktop is Unresponsive Error Message
Below are mentioned the reasons behind why QuickBooks crashes on startup.
- The Windows system files are corrupted.
- The hard disk of the computer has some damaged sectors.
- The installation files of QuickBooks are corrupted.
- The user did not install the QuickBooks on the system incorrect manner.
- The QBWUSER.INI file is either damaged or gone missing from the system.
- The name of the data file is containing a special character.
These causes will stop to sustain once you try the solutions mentioned in the next segment of the blog.
Easy Steps to Fix the QuickBooks has stopped working error message
Below are given the solutions that will help you in getting rid of the ‘QuickBooks is not opening’ error message.
Solution- 1: Use the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
The corrupted installation files can be easily refreshed by running the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool. However, to use the tool, you must have the QuickBooks Tool Hub installed on your system. Download and install it beforehand and follow the steps mentioned below.
- Open the QuickBooks tool hub and go to the Installation Issues tab.
- Select the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool and let it run.
Once the tool finishes, restart the computer system and try to open the QuickBooks again. If you still can’t open it, go to the next solution.
Solution- 2: Rename the QBWUser.ini file
The QBWUser.ini file stores the initialisation info of the QB application and if it is corrupted, QuickBooks won’t initialize. Follow the steps to rename the file and fix the problem.
- Go to the file path – C:\ Users\ User Name\ AppData\ Local\ Intuit\ QuickBooks.
- Look for the QBWUser.ini file and right-click on it.
- Select the Rename option and add .KLM at the end of its name.
- Press the Enter key to save the changes and exit from the window.
Try to open the QuickBooks again.
At this point, we would like to end our blog on the popular user query on what to do when QuickBooks has stopped working. We hope the solutions mentioned in the blog will help you to fix the error. On a different note, if you need external help, call on the helpline number 844-932-1139 anytime.