QuickBooks is one of the topmost automated solutions for daily accounting needs in workspaces. With its best-in-class tools and continuous technical support for its users, QB has maintained decent popularity within the middle to small-sized businesses. However, even in its heyday, the software tool faces issues that constantly bugs and hinders its efficiency, and one of them is the QuickBooks PDF missing component error. It appears when the user attempts to download the latest update of the software or while repairing it. The error pops up with a message, “Error 1328. Error updating file C:\Config.Msi\PTXXX.tmp.” The users might also get the Intuit QuickBooks error code 1328 while installing or uninstalling the QuickBooks software due to corrupted installation files. Let’s talk about its causes and solutions in detail below.
On a different note, if you feel the requirement of some external help to take out the error, you can call on the helpline number (844)-932-1139 anytime.
Recommended to Read : QuickBooks Error 6129 0
Causes of the QuickBooks Desktop Error 1328
The error message 1328 in QuickBooks pops up on the user screen due to numerous reasons. Some of them are given below.
- QuickBooks company file got damaged or corrupted.
- Network failure leading to the incomplete download of the QuickBooks update.
- The virus has infected the QuickBooks program files.
- Improper installation of the application may lead to an issue during the installation.
If you are experiencing the 1328 issue, it might be because of one or more of the reasons mentioned above. Let’s see how you can resolve the error in the next segment.
How can I troubleshoot the QuickBooks error 1328 applying patch?
Various resolving methods offer a quick solution for the QuickBooks error code 1328. Some of them are written below.
Solution- 1: Fix the Config.MSI file
The error message can be easily fixed if you can locate and rename the config.msi file by following the steps mentioned below.
- Navigate to the C: drive and under the Tools menu, choose Folders.
- Next, move to the View option and select the Hidden Files and Folders option.
- Click on OK and hover over the View menu again to uncheck the Hide protected operating system files.
- Click on Apply and then OK.
- Now, right-click on the config.msi file and choose Rename.
- Add old at the end of the file name and tap Enter.
If you still can’t update QuickBooks, follow the next solution.
Solution- 2: Repair the QuickBooks Application
To fix any program issues in the QuickBooks application that could be driving the error, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Go to Control Panel and select Programs and Features.
- Click on QuickBooks from the installed programs list and click on Changes.
- Start the repair process and do not close it manually. It will take some time to complete and will go down automatically.
Restart your computer system after the repair ends.
At this point, we would like to end our blog on QuickBooks error 1328 applying patch. It shall be eliminated after you complete the steps. However, if it doesn’t, then feel free to call the experts on the for assistance by dialing the toll-free number (844)-932-1139.